We provide protocols and virtual consultation services to support the delivery of evidence-based pharmacotherapies for treating Alcohol Use Disorder. This includes support with:
Clinical Support Aids
We can help you choose and implement the resources to support your patients’ treatment adherence, outcomes, and retention. We can send resources, hardware, and/or software to your practice, and provide support with their implementation and ongoing use.
- Evidence-based assessments for evaluating patient alcohol use severity and/or treatment needs
- Biochemical monitoring of patients’ recent drug use (e.g., urine toxicology testing supplies, hand-held breathalyzer monitors)
- Best Practices Technical Assistance
We will help your team identify, customize, and implement evidence-based therapies for supporting your patients’ abstinence from alcohol, and their clinical engagement in treatment.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement
- UVM CORA Resource Guide: Motivational Interviewing
- 12-step Facilitation
- Contingency Management
- Community Reinforcement Approach: A form of behavior therapy aimed at improving family relations, learning a variety of skills to minimize drug use, receiving vocational counseling, and developing new recreational activities and social networks.
Professional Support and Educational Materials
We provide consultation, coaching, and hands-on support across a wide range of areas and platforms to any professionals seeking information, training, and resources in science-based methods for addressing alcohol misuse or alcohol use disorder.
- One-on-one virtual consultation and coaching with our Clinician Advisory Board members, who are community providers with deep expertise in treating complex patients with opioid use disorder (OUD), substance use disorders (SUDs), and other co-occurring issues
- UVM CORA Clinician Office Hours Program
- Support via phone or web-based platforms
- Expert-led seminars and video curricula with CME credits available (UVM CORA Community Rounds)
- Research Spotlights on the latest publications relevant to rural providers
- A scholarship-based program to facilitate in-person training of providers and their clinical teams on science-based practices for addiction treatment
The above menu is not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, reach out to us at CORA@uvm.edu with your specific needs and questions!