Our speaker is Allison Lin, MD, MSc, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan Addiction Center, Ann Arbor, MI. This presentation focuses on optimizing patient and clinician experiences with different telehealth platforms, practical guidelines for providing substance use treatment virtually in rural communities, and regulatory considerations.
- Discuss evidence and methods on telehealth for SUD care
- Describe how treatment has evolved during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Identify regulatory and prescribing considerations for telehealth in rural communities
- Identify methods/alternatives to monitoring for substance use from remote rural patients
- Consider challenges and opportunities for SUD telehealth services in rural regions with a focus on practical challenges (stigma, technology, etc)