We offer resources and support for evaluating nicotine dependence and promoting tobacco cessation, including:
We provide protocols and consultation services via in-person, online and telehealth platforms to support the successful delivery of evidence-based smoking pharmacotherapies. This includes support with:
- Nicotine replacement therapy (e.g., gum, patches, sprays, inhalers, lozenges)
Clinical Support Aids
We can help you choose and implement the resources to support your patients’ ability to reduce their tobacco use. We will provide the below resources, hardware and/or software, bring these to your practice, and provide hands-on support with their initial implementation and ongoing use.
- Evidence-based assessments for evaluating patients’ smoking severity (e.g., Fagerstrom Test for Nicotine Dependence) via paper, iPad and/or web-based platforms
- Protocols and patient education for setting quit dates and implementing smoking cessation programs
- Hardware and training for biochemical monitoring of patients’ recent smoking (e.g., hand-held CO monitors, dipsticks for urine and saliva cotinine testing)
- Conducting remote smoking monitoring via smart phone
- Automated clinic systems for conducting daily clinical check-in calls using an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system
- As-needed or ongoing consultation by our CORA center faculty with direct expertise in developing and implementing smoking cessation interventions
We will help your team identify, customize and implement evidence-based therapies for supporting your patients’ smoking cessation, such as:
- Incentive-based behavioral interventions customized to promote biochemically-verified smoking abstinence
- The 5 A’s model for treating tobacco use and dependence
- Internet- and smartphone-based interventions for smoking cessation
The above menu is not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, reach out to us at CORA@uvm.edu with your specific needs and questions!