We offer resources and support for assessing and treating patients struggling with stimulant use (e.g., cocaine, methamphetamine, prescription stimulants), including:
Clinical Support Aids
We can help you choose and implement the resources that support your patients’ treatment adherence, outcomes, and retention. We will provide the below resources, hardware and/or software, bring these to your practice, and provide hands-on support with their initial implementation and ongoing use.
- Evidence-based assessments for evaluating patient severity and/or treatment needs (e.g., Addiction Severity Index) via paper, iPad and/or web-based platforms
- Automated clinic systems for conducting daily clinical check-in calls using an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system
- Biochemical monitoring of patients’ recent drug use (e.g., urine toxicology testing)
We will help your team identify, customize and implement evidence-based therapies for supporting your patients’ abstinence from stimulants and clinical engagement, such as:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, including how to conduct a Functional Analysis of stimulant use
- Community Reinforcement Approach, a form of behavior therapy aimed at improving family relations, learn a variety of skills to minimize drug use, receive vocational counseling, and develop new recreational activities and social networks
- Incentive-based behavioral interventions tailored to support the patient outcomes you need (e.g., medication adherence, counseling attendance, retention)
We provide consultation, coaching and support across a wide range of areas and platforms to any professionals seeking information, training & resources in science-based methods for addressing stimulant misuse.
- In-person/one-on-one consultation and coaching with our Clinician Advisory Board members, who are community providers with deep expertise in treating complex patients with unremitting stimulant use
- Support via web-based, telemedicine (e.g., Project Echo) and phone platforms, expert-led seminars and curricula with CME credits available
The above menu is not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, reach out to us at CORA@uvm.edu with your specific needs and questions!