We offer resources and support for assessing and treating problematic cannabis use, including:
Clinical Support Aids
We can help you choose and implement the resources to support your patients’ ability to reduce their cannabis use. We will provide the below resources, hardware and/or software, bring these to your practice, and provide hands-on support with their initial implementation and ongoing use.
- Evidence-based assessments for evaluating patients’ cannabis use severity via paper, iPad and/or web-based platforms
- Protocols and patient education for setting quit dates and implementing cannabis cessation programs
- Hardware and training for biochemical monitoring of patients’ recent cannabis use (e.g., urine toxicology testing, hand-held dipsticks for on-site urine testing)
- Clinic systems for conducting daily clinical check-in calls using an automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system
- As-needed or ongoing consultation by our CORA center faculty with direct expertise in developing and implementing cannabis cessation interventions
We will help your team identify, customize and implement evidence-based therapies for supporting cannabis abstinence, including:
- Computer-assisted behavioral treatment that includes motivational enhancement and cognitive-behavioral therapy components
- Incentive-based behavioral interventions customized to promote biochemically-verified marijuana abstinence
The above menu is not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, reach out to us at CORA@uvm.edu with your specific needs and questions!