We offer resources and support for evaluating and treating problematic alcohol use, including:
Clinical Support Aids
We can help you choose and implement the resources to support your patients’ treatment adherence, outcomes, and retention. We will provide the below resources, hardware and/or software, bring these to your practice, and provide hands-on support with their initial implementation and ongoing use.
- Evidence-based assessments for evaluating patient alcohol use severity and/or treatment needs (e.g., Addiction Severity Index, Michigan Alcohol Screening Test) via paper, iPad and/or web-based platforms
- Clinic systems for conducting daily clinical check-in calls using an automated Interactive Voice Response (IVR) phone system
- Biochemical monitoring of patients’ recent drug use (e.g., urine toxicology testing, hand-held breathalyzer monitors, transdermal alcohol monitoring hardware)
- Pharmacotherapies for managing alcohol misuse (e.g., acamprosate, naltrexone, disulfiram (i.e., Antabuse))
We will help your team identify, customize and implement evidence-based therapies for supporting your patients’ abstinence and clinical engagement, such as:
- Community Reinforcement Approach, a form of behavior therapy originally developed for treating problematic alcohol use and aimed at improving family relations, learn a variety of skills to minimize drug use, receive vocational counseling, and develop new recreational activities and social networks
- Incentive-based behavioral interventions tailored to support the patient outcomes you need (e.g., medication adherence, counseling attendance, retention)
- Behavioral Self Control Training and other controlled-drinking protocols
The above menu is not exhaustive. If you don’t see what you are looking for, reach out to us at CORA@uvm.edu with your specific needs and questions!